Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 68

It was an honour just to be nominated. No, this blog didn't win any Canadian Blog Awards, but I'd like to thank my loyal supporters for their votes anyway. Of course, I have no idea if you actually voted, or if you voted for the competition instead, but I trust you and I'm prepared to always think the best of you. Nuff said.

The last few days have been an odd combination of family illness and a very busy schedule. I'm not sure where the time has gone, but I know I've kept things pretty much on track from a diet perspective. I guess it's a good sign that life continues to happen and I don't have to struggle too much to keep the diet going. I used to think/plan/dream about that next yummy meal. Now I just deal with it as it comes.

On the milestone side, my belt made it to the next (and last!) hole this week. Luckily, the belt was designed to be made smaller, so if I need more holes, I can simply cut the leather and shrink the entire belt, allowing me to reuse the same holes again. That's another incentive not to gain weight, as I can't make the belt larger again.

Day 68
Current Weight: 183.5
Weight Lost To Date: 22.5

We've passed the two-thirds mark, and are still doing okay. 68% of the time has elapsed, and we're 72.5% of the way to our goal weight. Time's getting a little tight, but there's no need to panic yet. I have no intention of switching to an all-celery diet, so I'd better just keep up the exercise in order to lose at my current rate. It's clear to me that I have more energy in the sports I play, so the fitness improvement is happening as planned. I'll have to start thinking about which Olympic medal I plan to win later this year, as I'll likely have my choice. Weight lifting? Diving (there's that Speedo theme again)? Maybe I'll just concentrate on doing what I'm doing. At least until "Web surfing" becomes an Olympic sport.

Don

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't win the awards. I was one that did vote for you even ahead of my blog! Maybe it was because you kept reminding us of that image of you in a "speedo" ...yuck, phewwy, double yuck!!

Sorry to hear of the family illness but bravo to you for keeping with your new lifestyle. Belt or no belt you'll be happy you did.

Keep us "posted" as they say.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are belting (ha) along with the diet and meeting all your goals. You forgot the most important Olympic Sport of all - Snow Shoveling. As always, don't be shy about getting in some practice at my place.

I think it is very cool that you have kept to the program through Christmas, work (and I know how crazy that is right now) and illness. You have gone through every event that comes with the natural temptation to resort to comfort food and you have prevailed! In the spirit of one of the more glittery American Idol contestants "You are Victorious". Hmm, she also said that since she was told she really could not sing she was going to take up actressing so I am not sure that is a good comparison after all.

To "victory"!
BC

Anonymous said...

Don, now that you are within a standard deviation of your goal, I think it's time you start planning for the future. I suggest "Don's Blog II - fit to fat". I think that with a dedicated effort you could balloon up, up, and past your initial weight. We could delight as you retrace your steps back to New York to reclaim the cheesecake that you once scorned, and gorge yourself on super-sized delights...I for one can say that the vicarious thrills would surely knock me right off my treadmill.

...Keep up the good work!

Mark M.

Anonymous said...

I too am sorry you didn't win any blog awards particularly the humourous one as I have a smile on my face when reading your most interesting blogs. But you are a winner anyway. Losing the weight and changing your life-style just so that you can live a longer, healthier life and prevent the family from collecting your insurance for a long time is a plus in my book. Being ill again is a tough way to lose those pounds though. Maybe we should take up a collection to purchase you a new belt so that you can keep the other one as a reminder of your accomplishment. Anyway "you done good". Keep it up. I'm proud of you.