Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 100 + 1 Month

I've been getting significant feedback from people asking for an update on my status now that the 100 days is over. My response of course is "Get a LIFE, people!" :-) Actually, I'm happy that you're still with me and even minutely interested, so here goes....

I felt a little odd when the 100 days ended. How do I approach eating? Is it okay to visit the dessert table again? If I don't push myself, how fast will I re-gain weight, and how much is acceptable? I'm not really sure I know what the answers to these questions should be. All I know is that I need to remain healthy and fit.

I tried to continue to evaluate whether I was eating something for convenience, comfort, or need. I tried to continue to choose the healthy option when faced with a choice. I continue to eat salads, veggies, low-fat or non-fat alternatives whenever possible. I continue to look for opportunities to ride my exercise bike, or put the extra effort into a physical activity. I continue to use the 'escalator' at work (which my loyal readers know means hiking my sorry butt up 142 stairs). It simply has to be the way to live from now on.

So, perhaps nothing has really changed. I don't have the pressure of the 100 Days journey, but the reason why I started it in the first place still exists...I need to remain healthy and fit...FOREVER!

Day 100 + 1 Month
Current Weight: 173
Weight Lost To Date: 33
Post 100 Days Change: -1

I've added a new line to my numbers report above. I want to track my progress since the 100 day journey ended, which I'll report on the "Post 100 Days Change" line. I expected this number to be around +5 pounds. I'm actually quite thrilled to see it negative! This means that I've actually lost weight in the month following the formal end of the 100 days. Statistics show that 95% of people regain the weight they've lost (and more!), sometimes within a few months. Let's aim for the other 5%, shall we. Now if we could only get rid of this snow so Speedo season would arrive!

Don

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that post was worth the wait. Well done, kiddo! I am most proud of you ( as always) but could we leave off the Speedo images for just a bit?!?!?!

Keep up the good work and we'll see you or at least some of you in a month. And you know what, desserts aren't all they are cracked up to be, especially chocolate :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the -1 Don. That is very cool!

The good news is that the snow is fast disappearing. The bad news is that I will have to watch it when I drive past your house as I am afraid that I will see you mowing the lawn in your Speedo! Just think of those poor traumatized squirrels and ground hogs. :-)

Looking forward to the next update... Yeah, I need a life.

Well done
BC

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that your +1 month posting would have been more appropriate a day earlier! But congratulations on the -1!

Mark M

Anonymous said...

So pleased to get the update on how the scales are still in your favour. Watch it or if you keep losing you'll just disappear. All that stair walking and bike riding will give you leg muscles that even Arnold S. would be proud to have. You have done so very well. Sure wish I had your will-power. Enjoy a dessert once in a while as a treat, especially a chocolate one :-) Look forward to your next month results.

Anonymous said...

Way to keep the weight off, and then some! I'm happy that you updated to keep us all in the loop. Yup, not much of a life here, either! :)

Best luck being in the 5% who keep it off!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am a bit late checking up on you but I was not disappointed! Congrats on the -1! That's great news indeed - keep it up! I will be back....

Anonymous said...

How's the speedo shopping coming along?????? This is the 6th of the month you know. Summer is right around the corner and inquiring minds what to know.....

Extreme weight loss said...

Extreme weight loss, however, comes with risks. Like with any natural process ?

isaac ily said...

is Greg O'Gallagher's Kinobody Warrior Shredding Program Scam ? A Range Of Amazing Item are Supplied By You
using the identical will come kinobody Kinobody Warrior Shredding Program Review + Bonus , and that is at affordable cost
described directly below . The Effectiveness and gratigication along with the several types of a supply has created kinobody
warrior shredding program Review well-liked globally.
Gred O'Gallagher's KinoBody Warrior Shredding Program Review they Provide You With can be
praised these characteristics using a guide that could be inside the bundle .our own gurus currently
have validated kinobody Warrior Shredding program by Greg O'Gallagher to experience Simple to
unsderstand factors around kinobody warrior Shredding program.Kinobody Warrior Shredding Program Review can be
legitimate and you would have come to be a guru in your community while
you keep the same exact

Anonymous said...

Losing weight is really difficult.
Lose weight this 2014 safely