Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 100 + 3 Months

Hola!

I'm currently writing this blog from the Mayan Riviera near Cancun Mexico. Hopefully it looks okay to you, as the blogging software was kind enough to recognize my location and give me an entirely Spanish interface. In case there was any doubt, no, I don't speak Spanish. However, I've learned that the breakfast buffet has the same number of calories no matter what language the signs are in. The only difference (as the lovely senorita who cooked my brunch fajita told me this morning), is that "There is no diet here."

But you and I have developed some trust over these past 100 days and 3 months, so I have to be as honest as I can and report to you the real truth, as painful as it might be. It is now June, and you deserve an update. A weigh-in here, without my normal scale, would certainly be like comparing apples and mangoes, so it wouldn't be proper. Luckily, I thought of that in advance and made sure I weighed in (on June 1st), before I left for paradise. I'm only now getting the time to record my results, but the number is still official (and this way I get a few weeks to try and burn off my Mexican feasts before weighing in again....I'm not just good looking, I've got some brains too!)

Day 100 + 3 Months
Current Weight: 173.5
Weight Lost To Date: 32.5
Post 100 Days Change: -0.5

Well, it's not much, but the 0.5 pound loss from last month is definitely a welcome sign. There continues to be a lot of travel in my life, and not much regular exercise, so the combination might have proven deadly. Luckily it hasn't so far.

Strangely enough, I'm starting to feel a bit 'chunky' even though I have no indication that my weight or physical size has changed. In fact, I continue to get very positive comments from people who haven't seen me in a while. I guess it's just a self conscious thing. My diet isn't bad (once I get away from the land of the breakfast burrito at least), but I could sure use more exercise. Hopefully the warm weather will lend itself to some rounds of golf. The walk, combined with all that swinging and swearing, should do me good.

Don

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Senor!
Glad to see that you are still keeping the focus and attention. It certainly has paid off...

Hey - you could trade that lawn tractor in on a push mower and that would give you great exercise. Of course, you might have to quit your job as mowing the lawn would be a full time job but just think of the great abs and tan you could develop! Small sacrifice if you think of it.

Keep the faith - 3 months in and you are still doing great. That is pretty awesome!
BC

Anonymous said...

Subject:- RE:Link Exchange Request


Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am the Webmaster of "Health" website and would like to exchange link with your site. The exchange would benefit both the sites, helping towards improving our ranks in search engine positioning, especially Google, which regards linking as a major contributor to how popular a site, is due to particular words.

I will place your link below link pages within 24hr. please let me know where you need:

Link Page1
Link Page2
Link Page3
Link Page4
Link Page5

(Please choose below link pages category)
Link Page6
Link Page7
Link Page8
Link Page9
Link Page10
Link Page11
Link Page11



Also, please forward me the Link Text/Description to be used while placing your links at these sites.

I am waiting for positive reply.

Best Regards,
John
E-Mail: - DietInsiderLinks@gmail.com

fitness Los Angeles said...

Losing weight can improve your health in many ways. Just losing 10% of your current weight can make a difference in the way you feel on a daily basis.

Maureen Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
womens health said...

Always make time for yourself to exercise. Join a local aerobic club or do yoga at home.It helps relieve stress and keeps your body in good shape.

weight loss said...

Losing a weight is now easier these days. Thanks to moden techniques and gadgets. You just have to have patience to see a great result.

Unknown said...

I believe in you! You will surelu succed! Just go on, eat fruits, veggies a more as you can. And, we want to see your fotos!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thinspiration Losing weight this 2014 made Easy.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog.

Burn your calories today.