Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 13

My office building is blessed with a decent exercise facility (which I pay to use anyway), so I thought it might be a good idea to see what it looks like from the inside. I took my workout clothes to the change room and psyched myself up. When I went to enter the room, my access card wouldn't work. I checked with the administrator and she told me they had problems with card access....(wait for it)....back in March! BUSTED! She very quickly realized that I hadn't been in the facility for a while. Luckily she welcomed me back and was just happy I was making the effort.

The exercise facility also has a room for group classes. My friend and colleague, Caroline, is a certified yoga instructor (mmmmmm, yogurt!) and maybe some day I'll be ready to sit in on one of her classes (or should I say "lotus" in on one of her classes). For now, I'll stick to (hopefully not literally) the bikes, treadmill, elliptical, and the occasional Nautilus machine. Caroline books time in my calendar to catch up on my reading, so I take documents and other materials with me. It helps pass the time, gets work done, and removes another excuse for why I can't afford the time to work out. A word of advice..... If you plan to read a document while using the elliptical, print it out a few font sizes bigger. Those suckers are bouncy!

Day 13
Current Weight: 199
Weight Lost To Date: 7

Woohoo! I can now say I weigh "one hundred and something". I'm on the good side of 200, and plan to stay that way. When the 100 days is over, I plan to continue to check my weight on at least a monthly basis. I've vowed to NEVER come close to that 200 pounds again. Of course, plans are just an expression of desire, so we'll see how that plan holds up when put into action. Stay tuned...

Don

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to congratulate you Don on your achievement so far - getting below the 200 mark! Well Done! I know how challenging the healthy eating bit in particular, is for you... but I still say, stick to carrots, not chips. I would also say "learn to love" vegetables in general, but I know that is too much to take on right now :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Don!
Congratulations on starting out your journey. That is the hardest part ... OK, that and getting through the Christmas period unscathed. Since I am familiar with your "unsophisticated palette" I skipped all those cool fish recipes that I have and found this one for a MAN who likes his burgers ... LEAN.


Lean Burger Recipe!

Ingredients:

* 1.5 lbs of ground eye of round
* ¼ red onion chopped
* 4 cloves of garlic minced
* 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* ½ tbsp salt
* ½ tbsp freshly cracked black pepper

Instructions:

• In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture into four (6oz) and form into 1 inch thick patties.

• Crack a bit more pepper on each side of the burgers before grilling. Place on hot grill (always use a hot grill) and grill for 5 minutes then flip and grill for another 5 minutes.

Looks pretty simple. Let me know when you make them and I will come over and help you eat them too.

Cheers
BC

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I cross that 200 pound mark so I can be one hundred and something again! Congratulations on this awesome milestone, Don.

BC, thanks for that burger recipe -- I'll be subbing out the ground beef with turkey, but it should still do the trick. :D

Slim from Slenderized

Anonymous said...


I like this blog.
Burn your calories today.

Anonymous said...

Losing weight is really difficult.
Lose weight this 2014 safely