Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 53

It's back to work, and reuniting with my old friend "Mr. Eight-Flights-Of-Stairs". It's been a few weeks, so the legs are a bit rubbery, but I'm a few pounds lighter than I was at the end of last year, so it's not too bad. It would be nice to be able to climb the stairs, while carrying all my bags, and whistling a happy tune, without so much as pausing to breathe.....but it just isn't happening yet. Maybe before we're through.

Speaking of climbing...I climbed a rock wall yesterday! You know, one of those artificial climbing walls that the kids seem to fly up, and sane adults stay away from? A few months ago I wouldn't have thought it was possible ("Look out! The wall's gonna come down!"), but yesterday I flew up the wall like Spiderman. Okay, I struggled up the wall like Spiderman's uncle, but I got to the top, and it felt great.

Day 53
Current Weight: 187
Weight Lost To Date: 19

This week I've already had two people (who didn't know anything about my quest), ask me if I'd lost weight, and said that I looked better. That's a really nice feeling! It's interesting that they seem a little tentative at first, as they delicately ask me if it was intentional or not, but when they find out I'm just doing it for myself instead of under doctor's orders, they think it's great. Hopefully I'll be all buffed and ready when Speedo season begins! On second thought.....

Don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speedos and Buffness are completely unrelated! :-) There is something about speedos (especially white ones) that just says so many things that I don't think you want to be saying. Yuck.

Welcome back to the eight flights of stairs. They are a great work out, there is no doubt.

Keep up the great work Don!
BC